Tuesday 17 December 2013

IPSY DECEMBER 2013

IPSY DECEMBER "CELEBRATION" BAG 2013
MY IPSY BAG ( SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE GOLDEN ONE FROM LAST MONTH, WHICH BROKE ON ME WHEN I WENT CLUBBING THIS SATURDAY. THE ZIPPER BROKE AND I HAD NO PLACE TO PUT ALL MY STUFF) I SHOULD HAVE KNOW TO USE A PROPER CLUTCH.

THE PRODUCTS:
      

1) Nicka K New York : Nail colour in Classic Taupe
Review: Feels good and rich on nails. Thick formula which looked vibrant even without the top coat but I fear either it will chip or i will need to be very patient while it dries. I am happy i got this shade because I wouldn't have ever thought of a buying a shade like this :))) Thumbs up ipsy for sending me something so experimental. LOVE ALL THE SHADES ON THEIR WEBSITE AND THE PRICE IS ONLY $5 PER COLOUR.
Website: http://www.nicka.com/navigation-menu/nail/nail-polish/nicka-k-new-york-nail-color
Price: 15 ml (full size) = $4.99


2) POP Beauty: Bright up your life Eye Shadow trio in Naturally Bare.
Review: I have only swatched these colours so don't know about their lasting power on the eyes. These shades are highly pigmented and silky. On their website Bright Delight looks like a very interesting pallatte.
Website: http://popbeauty.co.uk/Popbeauty_Products/Eyes/Bright_Up_Your_Life_-_Naturally_Bare/Index.html
Price: $26.74 for 10 shades so $2.67 for one shade, so this sample is worth $8.02

 

 
 
3) Be A Bombshell: The One Stick in Girl Crush.
Review: its a very sheer pink with golden shimmer. I have nars super orgasm and its sad that this is similar to it but more creamy, I have yet to wear it for a night out to test the lasting power. I wish i had received a different colour :( oh well........
Website: http://beabombshellcosmetics.com/shop/product-category/the-one-stick/
Price: 7.3 grams ( full size) = $16
 
  
 
 
4) J.Cat Beauty: Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose
Review: I tried it on and it felt soft and bright, my mommy made a comment how it was very Marlyn Monroe colour. Anyhow after a while only the outline was left and today my lips feel dry and chapped.
Website: http://jcatbeauty.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_45&product_id=62
Price: 5grams ( full size) = $3.99
 
 
 
 
 

5) English Laundry: Signature Fragnances
Review: Came in almost empty but smelled really fresh. IPSY :((((
Website: http://www.englishlaundryfragrance.com/
Price: 5ml (sample size) = $0 value to me.

Overall Value: $33 (It would have been higher if the perfume sample came in properly)
Overall Rating : 7/10 because of the perfume samples and also the colour payoff of the products isnt comepletely what I would love for it to be.

Now for the last month's ipsy bag, since they wanted us to show off our ipsy bags, I decided to take the bag for a night out with my friends. Zipper went flying and the bag broke. All my stuff had to be stuffed in my jacket pockets and it looked very very bad. Needless to say I will be emailing IPSY CARE.




No comments:

Post a Comment